6:29 PM And now for something a little different....

As I venture further into adding video to my bag of tricks I find myself looking for ways to test things out. Any subject will do as long as they are willing and cooperative. A few weeks back I got a chance to try the "dual shoot" out. By dual shoot I don't mean two different shoots at once, but rather shooting both stills and video in the same shoot while keeping the timeframe the same.

To add to the challenge I made sure to include some strobes for many of the still shot's. I also skipped any assistants. It would have been really good to have one or three on this- but I wanted to see what I am currently capable of. To add to the challenge I wrecked my neck in a bike crash a few days before the shoot.

My subject was a friend of mine that wanted to trash her wedding dress. But wait- I'm a bike photog... oh well. Why not, it's always good to try out other things. It helps you think when you get back to your normal work.

Below is the piece I ended up creating combining some of the stills with some of the video. Quick and to the point.

Kasi & Doodles- Trash the Dress from JPOV on Vimeo.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.