5:31 PM US Cross National's



Jake



What the heck am I doing? Explanation after the break plus the real photo.



That's me in the above pic laying on the wet asphalt in the rain- jamming my head under the barrier. While at cross nationals in Bend Oregon I was lucky enough to have legendary bike photog Tom Moran shoot a few photos of me working.

The quick and dirty about why I was there... When the race was nearing the finish I took a gander at the scrim of photogs at the finish and decided it was pointless for me to get in there with them and shoot. I didn't think what I was going to get would add anything to anything. I'm not knocking all the photo monkeys that were at the finish- we all make choices, but I decided to look for something else. There really weren't many options so I ended up looking for a place to get under the barriers and be comfortable enough to shoot a photo. Turns out that it worked great.


Jake



and I still had time to get over to the finish and get a couple post race photos.



Jake





Jake

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.