4:42 PM MTB World's Day 3



Stan's"



Waking up on day 3 I knew it was going to be a challenge. The rain had arrived. Driving to the venue I kept thinking "shoot moody." Once at the Giant pit's Adam Craig showed me the "doppler radar" on his computer and I relaxed a bit. The rain wasn't going to last long- so I'd get epic mud shots and classic XC pain without having to deal with nasty downpours. It did mean that the mechanics were busy adjusting away from dry tires conditions to wet condition tires.

It also meant that every XC bike got a brand new set of brake pads.



New



Once the racing started I ended up in what was the most crowded portion of the course for both fans and photographers. I was determined to shoot there, but once I got in my planned spot I wanted out. Too many other photogs right with me and I wanted something that would stand out. When former world champ Gunn-Rita Flesjas Dahle of Norway came running down the rock garden I knew I had a chance at something. It was incredible watching the women run down this. I have no idea how no one broke any ankles.



Gunn-Rita



I got out of there as quickly as possible and set up on the longest climb of the course. After shooting some normal stuff I went tight again.



Leg"



For the men's race I hiked to a few different spots and again settled in on shooting some real tight action. This was what was considered the high part of the course and offered some technical single track. Many rode, and many didn't. there is something awesome about watching the best pro mtb racers in the world get off the bike and run!



Running"

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.